|Version 2.21 - July 24th, 2007.
- Cleaned up 'hints' on various speed buttons
- Removed 'Div' shortcut, clashed with Synchro View
- Added .aspx extension to HTML highlighter
- Released ctrl + shift + arrow to Windows default
- Updated PHP syntax
- Updated Help (desktop and online)
- Added delay-load for HHCTRL.OCX to counteract the 'Windows Update error' of April 2007. If you encounter further problems with HHCTRL.OCX, the Windows patch is available from support.
- Added seo.alleycode free web tools under 'Tools' l
|Version 2.20 - April 2nd, 2007.
- Added <div> and <span> to speed buttons
- Added 'id' selector to speed buttons
- Fixed numerous CSS formating functions
- Fixed numerous (X)HTML formating functions
- Updated Table wizard formatting
- Added 'id' selector to 'Quick Edit(table)'
- Released focus on 'Page Properties' dialog
- Released focus on Hyperlinks' dialog
- Fixed a routine which consumed high volume of memory in large files on right click command (This was not a leak but did cause in some cases for Alleycode to freeze)
- Updated installation engine with faster compression/decompression. Decided to keep downloable size constant(already very small) for speed increase
|Version 2.16.2 - Feb 17th, 2006.
- Minor 'build' to correct 'Upper/Lower Tag' rendering error.
|Version 2.16.1 - Feb 6th, 2006.
- Minor 'build' to help a group of users using .tpl extensions (templates). Alleycode now highlights HTML tags in files ending in .tpl
|Version 2.16 - Nov 16th, 2005.
- Added 'Smart XHTML Tags'... Alleycode can now format 'Empty XHTML Elements' based on 'DOCTYPE'... Automatically.
- Updated Help files.
|Version 2.15 - April 25th, 2005.
- Added outside files drag'n'drop function (Explorer).
- Expanded PHP 4 Libraries and added PHP 5 libraries. Files prepared by Matthew Friemark (Thanks Matthew).
- Corrected periodic 'Cannot Focus On Disable Form' error on last tab close.
- Released Ctrl+Right and Ctrl+Left to it's native Windows function of parsing word by word. Replaced by Shift+Ctrl+Right,
Left, Down for alignment commands.
- Updated 'Hyperlink' dialog to allow the insertion of a link relative to a working directory path. This is true only from a lower directory inserting
into a previously saved file. Outside of your working environment 'Hyperlink' simply enters a file name. Unsaved files inserts
path relative to system root.
- Fixed improper maintance path exiting from non-saved or untitled files.
- Forced 'Save As..' on 'Save' and Save All..' command for all 'Untitled' files.
- Added shortcuts to 'Turf View' selection menu.
- Added optional editor style (Flat XP)Preference->Editor
|Version 2.14.1 (patch)- Oct 3rd, 2004.
- Updated incorrect path in Firefox 'Browser View' (untitled.html pages were not rendering).
|Version 2.14 (bug update)- Oct 3rd, 2004.
- Updated incorrect browser (all) path which broke style sheets and images in 'Browser Views' mode.
- Expanded cleanup routine to include removal of alley77564536.html from working folders 'OnClose'.
|Version 2.13 - September 26th, 2004.
- Corrected PHP syntax highlighting to recognize PHP built-in functions with or without a space before opening parentheses
- Added Mozilla and Firefox in browser selection. Removed Netscape
- Enabled file association(MSExplorer). File association is not 'forced' on installation, must be done manually ie: Tools->Folder Options->File Types.
- Fixed 'Access Violation Error' when calling Properties repeatedly.
- Fixed 'Access Violation Error' when trying to open Synchro View without an active file(also added a warning if you try)
- Corrected 'file name' already open to 'full file path + name' already open.
- Added .xml .xul syntax highlighting
- Added a cleanup routine to remove temporary alley77564536.html files.
- Updated Help files.
|Version 2.0 - July 26th, 2004.
- Fixed several rendering bugs in CSS Wizard
- Updated Help content
|Version 1.51 - June 16th, 2004.
- Updated installation engine.
- Updated embedded .asp highlighting.
|Version 1.4 - January 16th, 2004.
- New directory structure
- Faster executable and lower CPU memory usage.
- Save As now filters open page extension
- Updated Help content.
|Version 1.3 - November 9th, 2003.
- New installation engine.
- Better compile and linkage for faster executable.
- Fixed incorrect reading of body properties.
- Fixed body insert property which resulted in mutilple display.
- Added 6 new PHP scripts.
- Updated Help content.
|Version 1.2 - August 18th, 2003.
- Fixed double HTML file display when viewing "Directory Folders" and selecting .HTML filter.
- Line numbers and WorWrap are now correctly synchronized to allow for line wrap.
- Fixed WordWarp "out of bounce"error.
- Alleycode now warns you if you are trying to open a file with same name.
- "Directory Folders" now allows you to multiselect and right clik to open.
|Version 1.1 - June 23rd, 2003.
- Introducing "Quick Edit".. Right click on major HTML tags for quick wizard updates.
- From the "Help" menu we added direct links to our online Support Forum and online Help.
- "About box" now includes a direct email link to support.
- Corrected error with WordWrap which did not properly resolve the vertical scrollbar.
- Corrected focus error using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V with "Find Next" and "Find Replace"
- Corrected content grabbing error in "Properties". Also activated "Properties" reset button.
- Corrected no page error on CSS Wizard insert command.
|Full Release Version 1.0 - May 15th, 2003.
- Thank you to all beta testers... Since 0.0.2, 84 points from simple housekeeping to full features have been implemented.
- Browser preview no longer breaks paths when viewing unsaved files.
- New start up query box!
- New Quick Start Tutorial... Build a Web site regardless of experience.
- Fixed Optimizer "keyword pasting " error.
- CSS Wizard color dialog no longer opens in background.
|Version 0.1.0 beta - April 23, 2003.
- Expanded shortcuts menu.
- Added navigation functionality to Synchro View (backward, forward, refresh buttons) while still keeping "live results" without the need for saving current file.
- Fixed several CSS style sheet bugs and added "Clip" and "Overflow" properties.
- (new) Added CSS properties library.
- Help is almost complete... Working on "Quick Start Tutorial".
- Image insert now detects new or saved (as well as modified) documents and creates a system path accordingly. New doc creates a path to drive root while saved doc creates a
path to the site in progress. ie: c:\websites\alleycode\images\somepic.gif inserts src="images/somepic.gif"... Alleycode will detect multiple level directories... Upload ready!.
- Again fixed numerous housekeeping bugs.
|Version 0.0.2 alpha - April 15, 2003.
- Fixed several housekeeping bugs including WordWrap inconsistencies and ghost image on screen font changes.
- Directory management will now open large number of sub-folders.
- Fixed browser view for non-modified files.
- Fixed libraries and Special characters inserts.
- Updated CSS wizard's margins and paddings to insert accurate syntax.
- Synchro View now parses on initial opening.
- (new) Assignments...Directory management allows you to preset works in progress for quick access.
- (new) Alleycode will optionally reload open documents on start-up.
- 60% Help files(not yet connected to individual dialogs).
- Download Alleycode!
Click to enlarge thumbnails below...
HTML code view
HTML and Synchro view. Two way highlighting.
Turf view with Synchro view "on".
PHP code view.