September 19, 2021
  • September 19, 2021
  • Home
  • Fund
  • 1 million travelers passed through the nation’s airports for the busiest day during the pandemic: TSA

1 million travelers passed through the nation’s airports for the busiest day during the pandemic: TSA

By on March 11, 2021 0

Despite multiple warnings to refrain from traveling due to the coronavirus pandemic, over 1 million Americans passed TSA checkpoints at the nation’s airports on Sunday.

This made Sunday the busiest air travel day since the pandemic began in March, according to the Transport Security Administration.

And while 1,047,934 people flocked to airports for their Thanksgiving trip, it still pales in comparison to the usual amount of vacation travelers. The same day last year saw 2,321,546 people take to the skies.

As coronavirus cases continue to rise across the country, the The Centers for Disease Control have recommended that Americans refrain from traveling this Thanksgiving and to celebrate the holiday within your family.

Medical experts agree.

People are still leaving the house, though. According to AAA, approx 50 million Americans are expected to travel for Thanksgiving. That number is down 10% from 55 million in 2019.

A total of about 2.4 million Americans are expected to travel by air for Thanksgiving, which is down 47.5 percent from last year, according to AAA.

Most travelers should drive to their destinations, and anyone traveling to the Harrisburg region will likely see rising temperatures and some possible showers.

According to the National Weather Service at State College, Monday will be mostly sunny and breezy with gusts of wind up to 28 mph. Expect a maximum of 49 and a minimum of 33.

On Tuesday it will be sunny with a maximum of 47 and a minimum of 32.

On Wednesday there is a 30 percent chance of showers, which increases to 70 percent at night. Expect a high of 52 and a low of 46.

Thanksgiving Day will see a 40% chance of showers before 1pm on an otherwise partially sunny day with a high of 59 and a low of 41.

And if you choose to travel, the CDC recommends wearing a mask, even when indoors, social distancing, and frequent hand washing.

The organization encourages guests to bring their own food and drink and avoid potluck-style gatherings.

A person wearing a mask should serve all the food so that more people do not handle the utensils to serve.

Disposable portions of salad dressings and similar items should be used.

And avoid crowding in areas where food is served.


Source link

  Fund